Quality Assurance Specialist
Your employment duties will consist of a Quality Assurance as required by the Company and listed below. This list is not to be taken as fixed or exhaustive however, you will be expected to perform any reasonable employment task given by a leader.
As Quality Assurance you will be involved in the creating and implementing a strategy for quality coordination and testing of our platform and products, as well as suggesting solutions to identified quality problem. You will also be required to design technical documentation to ensure relevant and meaningful feedback. Ultimately, you will ensure that our products, applications, and systems work correctly. As well, you will be responsible for creating an Automation test bed to run our products through testing automation per release.
- Attention to Detail
- Problem Solving
- Results Orientation
- Software testing experience
- Automation testing experience
- Work with cross-functional teams to ensure quality throughout the software development life cycle.
- Evaluate product code according to specifications.
- Report errors in product code to development teams, work together to remove errors.
- Test current products and identifying deficiencies submit recommendations to improve products.
- Investigate product quality in order to make improvements to achieve better customer satisfaction.
- Plan, create and manage the overall Quality Planning strategy
- Identify quality assurance process bottleneck and suggest actions for improvement to increase efficiency.
- Implement full auto regression testing with auto regression testing software.
- Collect quality data, review and analyze system specifications.
- Identify key KPIs for product quality.
- Prepare and present reports and metrics to Senior Management.
- Education or experience in Information Technology Industry
- 2 Years Related Experience, in Software Quality Assurance
- Excellent communicate skills, both verbally and in writing
- High flexibility with strong interpersonal skills that allow one to work effectively in a diverse environment.
- High level of integrity and work ethic
- Demonstrated time management skills.
- Demonstrated aptitude for learning new technologies.
- Knowledge of standard project management software (Word, Excel, Access, MS Project, Google Suite)
- Experience in automated testing.
- Work in office or from home as required.
- Occasional overtime
- Operation of desktop computer and peripherals
Timeless Veterinary seeks to fully integrate the principles of Employment Equity and will ensure the full participation and advancement of members of historically disadvantaged groups (i.e., members of visible minorities, persons with disabilities, women, and aboriginal peoples). Timeless Veterinary will achieve this by ensuring that its hiring process is fair and equitable for all persons.
Timeless Veterinary strives to ensure that its employment practices are free from direct and indirect discrimination and is committed to upholding the human rights of those participating in the hiring process. In pursuit of this commitment, Timeless Veterinary will not condone or tolerate any acts of discrimination or harassment under any of the grounds protected under human rights legislation. This commitment extends to the hiring process and throughout the course of employment.
About Timeless Veterinary Systems
Timeless Veterinary Systems® is part of the Timeless Group of Companies, which is a highly specialized software development company based in Charlottetown, PEI. Timeless Veterinary Systems’® main goal is to create truly groundbreaking products that have a major impact on the lives of veterinary professionals. We look and act a lot like a start-up company but we have the luxury of working within a successful and established leading technology company with some incredible investment and support. We offer an environment that is team-centered, customer-driven, quality-focused, and growth-oriented.
Why work at Timeless Veterinary Systems®?
- Competitive salary, commensurate on your experience.
- Health care coverage
- Professional Development/Continued Education
- Flexible work schedule
- Individual Development Plan (IDP) – you plan out goals for each year that will increase your knowledge and skillset, and use company time to work towards completing your IDP
Join our creative and innovative environment! You are encouraged to share and potentially develop your new ideas with the entire Timeless Organization, including the Project Management team, Quality Assurance and Sales and Marketing team.
If you are passionate about technology, have an entrepreneurial spirit, and aim to be a leader in your field, please apply today!